Having the best 500 watt amp can make the biggest difference in your car sound system. Whether you plan on powering your subwoofer, upgrade car door speakers or even a small subwoofer and all 4 car speakers, it’s all possible by adding a high-powered Alpine 500 watt amp or kicker, Kenwood or Rockford Frostgate. These are my main recommendation on amplifiers because they all are known for their performance.
The Best 500 Watt Amplifiers for the Money
6 Different Types of Amps
- Mono Channel is the most common watt amplifier used for powering a subwoofer. They are classified as “class-D amps” and tend to produce more power than multi channel amps for cars. These special tuned class D amps are recommended to power only subwoofers with high watt RMS required.
- Two Channel Similar to the one channels, its circuitry is designed to power to subwoofers. These typical two channel amps are found either in the Class A or Class AB. Again, I would only recommend this type of amp when powering two subwoofers in your car or truck.
- Three Channel is very uncommon and not that many people use these amps. They can be made to power two door speakers and a powerful subwoofer. Mainly found used in trucks where not much room to work with. They are basicly like two amps all-in-one.
- Four Channel work great when powering upgrade speakers from factory ones and require more watts than your CD-player can handle. This type of amp can power your how car sound system with or without a subwoofer. When using subwoofers it common to hook them up to two channels and the rear door speakers. Choosing the rear because they typically require more power than the front speakers.
- Five Channel is a perfect amp to power an etire car sound system with a single subwoofer. It’s easier to get one 5 channel amp than multiple channel amps and wiring them all together to give your car system enough power. They are much easier to install and work great for powering up to 5 speakers in one amp.
- Six Channel amp can handle powering up to 6 different speakers which are find in large suvs or vans typically. Your common car only has 4 car door speakers, where your large SUVs and Vans can have 5 speakers often times. These would be a good example in simple term to know if you would need a six channel amplifier for your system.
What 500 watt amp is best for me?
Based on the information written out for you above, what system do you have and how many speakers? Also know if you are powering subwoofers, speakers or both before choosing a 500 watt amp. With this information it can determine how many channel(s) amp you should buy and work the best. Also keep in mind if 500 watt amp will be enough power a 5 or 6 channel amp. Those two types fo amps need to be 800+ watts I recommend. But also checking the RMS of all the speakers and adding up the numbers can give you a better idea on how many watts you will need.